[Osmf-talk] EVERYONE: PLEASE VOTE

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Thu Aug 20 15:03:08 UTC 2009

On 20 Aug 2009, at 02:28, Grant Slater wrote:
> 2009/8/20 Nick Black <nick at blacksworld.net>:
>> The unauthorized use of Foundation membership details to pursue a
>> personal
>> agenda - membership details that I have personally been arguing
>> long and
>> hard within the Foundation and the Board should be released
>> publicly - is a
>> new low.
>
> Please Nick this is hardly unauthorised. Frederik is an administrator
> of the OSMF talk list and he has the best interests of a health OSMF
> at heart. He has not released any personal information. As you have
> point out the membership list is meant to be a matter of public record
> already but it is not yet due to failings of the OSMF board.
>
> How else do you believe this matter would have been raised with the
> members? Or do you believe that CloudMade's significant stake in OSMF
> membership is not a cause for concern?

I don't think that's the point Grant, it's really good to do this all
in public, which is what he's been arguing for. (And as an aside I'm
not entirely in that camp because I prefer to respect privacy where
possible).

I think the point is that it's not a level playing field. Has Frederik
registered 30 fake accounts today to try and offset the Evil he sees
in Ukrainian people? Probably not but we don't know. We have no idea
what else, if anything has been going on. Because we only get edited
highlights that Frederik wants to share with us. Therefore it should
be more open or have someone independent of any bias to check it over
and report back.

Yours &c.

Steve