[Osmf-talk] Saint Michael says ...

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Thu Aug 20 15:45:00 UTC 2009

:-)

Over the last month we are up from 160 paid-up members to around 230 and
counting today. That is with renewals, new sign-ups and a bunch of payment
notifications that got missed. That is great news, particularly as they are
from all over the world.

Stormy elections or not, we are getting members who are dedicated and active
OSM mappers.

If you have just joined us, I think I speak for everyone in welcoming you as
individuals to our sometimes fractious bunch. Get us in a pub, we all turn
into nice people, really.  In light of events, I think we should
particularly welcome without exception everyone who has joined from the
Ukraine. The Ukraine has an active OSM community and many of you have told
me of some of the things that you have been doing over the last year. I am
in Sweden, so hallo from here! Perhaps some other countries will join in as
well.

Michael (no saint, but tries hard)

PS If you joined to vote. I hope you have. It is private and you can vote
for who you want.  If you have been a member for a while and have not voted,
hey, http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/AGM09/Election_to_Board,
send an email as shown or come to the AGM. Even if you vote for just one or
two candidates. That way we will get a representative board for the coming
year.  We are a young organisation with lots we can do.

PPS Rule One. Have Fun.