[Osmf-talk] Two day of down server is not possible !!!!

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Sat Aug 22 17:30:51 UTC 2009

Sysadmin team... We are working hard. We are trying the best we can
with the resources we currently have. We currently have very limited
hardware outside of UCL. OSMF is working on this and help is
appreciated. The work we are doing today and tomorrow is needed to
allow the server resources to grow. About just switching dns to
another 'server', www.openstreetmap.org is run by 7 servers alone.

On 8/22/09, Roberto Navoni <r.navoni at radionav.it> wrote:
> If osm Will became a standard Service alternative to gmap or other
> Service is important the redudancy of systems is not a problem of
> customers fee . Now the customers is 125000 osm is AN a big community
> need a backup server distribuited around the world
>
> Inviato da iPhone
>
> Il giorno 22/ago/2009, alle ore 18.46, Jonathan Bennett
> <openstreetmap at jonno.cix.co.uk
>  > ha scritto:
>
>> Roberto Navoni wrote:
>>> Is important to understand that there're a big number of service
>>> that  start to use OSM server for they customers.
>> They should ask for a refund of the fees they've paid to use the API
>> for that period, then.

Sent from my mobile device