[Osmf-talk] Legal edible violations

sotm at livingwithdragons.com sotm at livingwithdragons.com
Sun Aug 23 23:33:10 UTC 2009

I would like to inform the Foundation of two acts that need to be
legally followed to protect the OpenStreetMap interests.

1. In Toronto a cake was produced using OpenStreetMap data that need not
have the correct attribution on it. See
http://weait.com/content/openstreetmap-5th-birthday-party-toronto

2. In London, a number of cupcakes were produced with the OSM trademark
logo on top of the icing. This use of the registered trademark did not
have prior authorisation from OSMF.

It is important that the foundation uses it's resources to take firm
legal action, and most importantly make it widely known that my OSM
birthday cake was far superior to them, perhaps only bettered by the
Japanese cake makers. Does anybody know where SteveC will be uploading
his video interviews (including my winning speech)?

Gregory Marler
http://www.livingwithdragons.com