[Osmf-talk] Legal edible violations

Andy Robinson (blackadder) blackadderajr at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 24 08:40:21 UTC 2009

Gregory Marler wrote:
>Sent: 24 August 2009 12:33 AM
>Cc: osmf-talk at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: [Osmf-talk] Legal edible violations
>
>I would like to inform the Foundation of two acts that need to be
>legally followed to protect the OpenStreetMap interests.
>
>1. In Toronto a cake was produced using OpenStreetMap data that need not
>have the correct attribution on it. See
>http://weait.com/content/openstreetmap-5th-birthday-party-toronto
>
>2. In London, a number of cupcakes were produced with the OSM trademark
>logo on top of the icing. This use of the registered trademark did not
>have prior authorisation from OSMF.
>
>It is important that the foundation uses it's resources to take firm
>legal action, and most importantly make it widely known that my OSM
>birthday cake was far superior to them, perhaps only bettered by the
>Japanese cake makers. Does anybody know where SteveC will be uploading
>his video interviews (including my winning speech)?

I was going to raise this attribution issue with the Data Working Group.
However on review I have found that the matter has been dealt with by the
community without the involvement of the Data Working group.

I believe the offending material is now on its way to various sewage
treatment works.

Cheers

Andy