[Osmf-talk] New license change proposal status

Gerhard Peter gerhard.peter at free.fr
Wed Dec 2 00:22:42 UTC 2009

I not am ok, pardon me.
Something basically is wrong with changeing licence on "our" side.
We must keep our promises.

Or make a new one, but don't call it OSM nor OSMF.
---

Contributors which for one reason or another could not or would not
sign the "new licence"
extended by the "contributor terms", the "implementation proces",
and the "liability terms" (unknown, yet ?),
they simply get lost, them and their data ?

Have us sign, and impose such onto them ?
Just for example :
	What will become of the data of those who stopped to participate, us
unable to join them ?
	Of data of those who died, since ?
Be honest, not keep it ?
Play God, presume that they are ok, keep their data ?
Change the last decimal behind the comma, pretend "composed" or such,
steal it ?

Where goes "Who owns OSM ? You !"  ?
	The one who decides, in fact IS proprietor.

Also throw away the words which say that OSMF wont' interfere whith
how OSM works,
"not controlling the project",
"role is to support the project, not to control it",
and such.
Don't have us lie to the contributors out there, don't have us double-
talk.
	This licence project WILL change OSM and how it works.
---

"perpetual, irrevocable copyright license"
seems immoral, to me.

Keeping the actual database in a drawer does not make things any
cleaner,
that *not* was what for Contributors engaged into OSM.

The question not is, what to put into new licence.
The question is,
not to change licence without them Contibutors out there.

If OSMF wanted to keep clean, we ought to apply (I copy) :

"An "active contributor" is defined as:
• a contributor that has edited the map in any 3 calendar months from
the last 6
months(i.e. there is a demonstrated interest over time); and
• has maintained a valid email address in their registration profile
and responds within
3 weeks "

and give them right to vote, *before* voting change of licence.
Not afterwards.
And, 3 weeks is too short. Think of summer hollidays.
---

Have us stay honest, please.
Sincerely Yours,
Gerhard Ditsch

Well,
what am I worrying about ? one could say,
I just got to get out.
--------