[Osmf-talk] New license change proposal status

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 19:33:39 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 6:22 PM, SteveC <steve at asklater.com> wrote:

> Frederik
>
> If you have the time to write these huge rambling rebuttals, why don't you
> have the time to be involved with the process?
>
> We've spent man years on this process with a team of 7 people and whenever
> we come close to accomplishing anything we come to a big grinding halt
> because "Frederik has a concern".
>
> It's getting *really* boring. I think you should put aside your niggles and
> allow people to get on with it, the people who have spent man years working
> on this.

Steve
Spending a lot of time on something doesn't always make it a virtue.

People should accept or reject the proposed license based on whether it is
better than the current license.  Suggesting that it's time to adopt the
proposed license just because you're really bored with the process is not a
constructive attitude and kind of reinforces Frederick's suggestion that
there is an attempt to steamroller this through.

80n