[Osmf-talk] New license change proposal status

SteveC steve at asklater.com
Wed Dec 2 21:03:04 UTC 2009

On Dec 2, 2009, at 12:37 PM, Emilio Anzon wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 12:06:08PM -0800, SteveC wrote:

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I think that *maybe" what he thinks could be shared by _many_ people...
>>> until you make a survey how can you know the answer ??
>>
>> I think that *maybe* what I think could be shared by _many_ people....
>>
> That was obvious :)
>

>> until you let the LWG actually do something, like I don't know... do the vote on the license maybe? Then how can I know the answer??
>>
> don't you think that could be usefull to have a license on which there
> is common agreement *before* to vote ??

There already is common agreement. Don't mistake signal for noise. This has been a huge multi-year effort with buy in from the majority of people.

It would be exactly the same if we were going PD - there would be people shouting for copyleft, or whatever.

The point is to move on... we're stuck in this kafka-esque prison of doing nothing because of random emails, and I don't think the odd email from Frederik should be weighted the same amount as the years of effort and consensus building the LWG has done. Hence why I'm so heavily coming down on it and I think we should all move on. If we had this with every issue we'd never get anything done.

Yours &c.

Steve