[Osmf-talk] New license change proposal status

Grant Slater openstreetmap at firefishy.com
Wed Dec 2 21:23:35 UTC 2009

2009/12/2 Emilio Anzon <emilio at anzon.it>:
> don't you think that could be usefull to have a license on which there
> is common agreement *before* to vote ??

Replied my own, not Licensing Working Group...

Everyone agreeing is unfortunately a bit utopian, there will never be
uniform consensus and there will be those who feel partially
aggrieved.

100% of the OSM community has agreed to the CC BY-SA. The ODbL is a CC
BY-SA license specifically written for databases and to clear up
uncertainty.

At the State of the Map conference 2007 an informal vote was held, the
result was by far in favour of using a By-Attribution Share-Alike type
license.

/ Grant