[Osmf-talk] New license change proposal status

Matthias Urlichs matthias at urlichs.de
Thu Dec 3 16:05:21 UTC 2009

On Do, 2009-12-03 at 15:09 +0000, 80n wrote:
> You've tried to show that you've addressed the question of complexity
> in your proposal document by referencing a human readable version of
> the license.

That's a totally sensible thing to do when the original document cannot
be simplified.

Please tell us exactly what you think can be simplified instead of
simply calling for unspecific simplification, particularly this late.

> The ODbL is a complex license that is new and untried.

True. We don't know that there are risks involved with the ODbL, an we
don't know whether it's broken.

However, we DO know that the current CC license is SEVERELY broke.
Therefore,

>   This makes it higher risk than the existing license.

... your assertion is questionable, if not false.