[Osmf-talk] my views on the ODbL

80n 80n80n at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 12:29:51 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Jeroen Carelse <jeroen at carelse.com> wrote:

> I try to follow the discussions here but as it get's deeper and deeper into
> legal talk I like to ask a simple question and hope to receive a simple
> answer.
>
> will the data as there is now be available after the license change?
> And if not, why the license change?

Jeroen
Assuming the license is changed then yes, all the data will still be
available, but in two different two ways.

Some of it will be available under ODbL and all new data will be added under
ODbL.

Some data will not be available under ODbL but will still be available in
CC-BY-SA.  This data will not be maintained by OSM and will eventually
become old and stale.

The amount of data that falls into each group will depend on the choice of
each individual contributor.

80n