[Osmf-talk] my views on the ODbL

Cartinus cartinus at xs4all.nl
Sat Dec 5 12:51:05 UTC 2009

On Saturday 05 December 2009 13:33:37 Jeroen Carelse wrote:
> Thanks for the clear answer 80n.
> One concern less.
> So the biggest threat is not data loss (white areas on a map) but rather
> "old areas"  which remain visible but cannot be touched?
>
> Hope this is a clear question, I doubt it but please give it a try

As I read the current implementation plan, this old data will sit somewhere in
a planet dump on a server and won't be used for anything unless someone forks
the project.

For the main api and the standard tiles on the website only the relicensed
data will be available, thus the map will have more white spots just after
the relicensing.

--
m.v.g.,
Cartinus