[Osmf-talk] wiki pages

Gervase Markham gerv at gerv.net
Sat Dec 5 22:25:51 UTC 2009

On 05/12/09 17:22, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:
> Could people please put their opinions on their own pages and leave the other
> page alone?

You would be entirely happy with the Yes page containing untruths?

People are entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts. The
more fact and the less opinion there is on both pages, the better off we
will all be. It's entirely reasonable to dispute facts (but not
opinions). This is why Wikipedia has "[citation needed]".

> In particular marking the No page as "inaccurate" should be removed
> IMMEDIATELY because this is an interference with electoral materials - in my
> jurisdiction it is a criminal offence.

I'm sure I don't actually need to list the three reasons I thought of
(in only five seconds of thinking) why this point is entirely
irrelevant. Do I? :-)

Gerv