[Osmf-talk] my views on the ODbL

Henk Hoff henk at toffehoff.nl
Sat Dec 5 23:18:34 UTC 2009

The glass can be half full or half empty.
If you look at the road ahead, don't focus on the bears but look if there
are ways around it.

If your argument to vote against is that you think a (big) contributor has
licensed his data under CC-BY-SA and that is not compatible with ODbL and
therefore the data will be lost. I would say: stop staring at the bear, it
will get you nowhere.

If you cannot or will not contact them to convince that they should accept
this new license, let the LWG know and they will do that for you (or with
you).
I hope you're willing to believe that the LWG really looked at this and that
they are positive that these contributors can be convinced.

Cheers,
Henk