[Osmf-talk] wiki pages

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 00:18:02 UTC 2009

Valerio Capello wrote:
> I haven't decided yet about my vote, probably moving to ODbL is the best
> choice but I'm mostly concerned about data loss and the Yes page is not
> very clear about this and about why CC-by-sa doesn't apply to
> geographical data.
> Please don't take this personal, but I'm finding the Yes page incomplete
> and unconvincing. I think it has to be improved to illustrate properly
> the pros of the ODbL and the cons of the CC-by-sa, and to address the
> concerns expressed in the No page.

I think the reason for that is that the most of the arguments in favour
of the move to ODbL have been included in the official proposal document
and the linked documentation that was presented in the initial vote
email ( http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/File:License_Proposal.pdf )

So the Yes page only contains the views that haven't already been
presented by the LWG, which is naturally not all that much.

Together with the fact that these pages have only been put in place a
very short while ago in response to the suggestions raised here on
osmf-talk that there should be a balanced discussion to link to from the
vote email, the original wordings of the Yes page have so far not been
as strong as the case is. But with more people contributing to the Yes
page too that is changing.

Kai