[Osmf-talk] CC BY SA 2.0 and backup plan

Sun Dec 6 13:02:26 UTC 2009

On 06/12/2009 09:30, 80n wrote:
> For better or worse, every single contributor today is happy to continue
> to contribute under this license.  If they didn't then they would just
> stop contributing.

It's not that simple.

Some of us have been contributing in the expectation that OSM will, in
time, move to a sensible licence. Call it misguided faith in human
nature, maybe.

If OSM were to decide to stick with CC-BY-SA in perpetuity, I would
seriously rethink my participation in the project.

cheers
Richard