[Osmf-talk] Licence issues, is there a plan B?

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Tue Dec 8 19:52:01 UTC 2009

At 07:56 PM 8/12/2009, dmgroom at gmail.com wrote:
>So much of the last few days discussions have centred around what if the
>vote is yes, how much data will be removed, and will the project fork.
>
>Can I ask what happens if the members of OSMF vote no?
>
>Will OSMF produce revised proposals or are we effectively left with CC_BY_SA
>for some time?
>
>David

Its something I think about in the dead of the Swedish night.  My conclusion so far is that we would want to try and forge a new consensus before thinking of that, so we'd certainly be in a holding pattern.  I'd want to understand why folks voted no, what the results of the OSMF and Pieren's http://doodle.com/feqszqirqqxi4r7w survey have to say, and what the general reactions of OSM community and OSM members would be for such a result.

Mike