[Osmf-talk] License with or without virus

Matija Nalis mnalis-openstreetmap-osmflist at voyager.hr
Tue Dec 8 20:18:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 01:52:48AM +0000, Matt Amos wrote:
> 80n wrote:
> > How many bad guys have abused OSM data so far?
>
> i count two that have announced it publicly; Anthony and RichardF. how
> many others who haven't announced it, i don't know.

I do not know the history behind this; could you provide me with some
more info about what you're talking about?

And it is a good idea which you've initiated here:

If there are known cases where CC-BY-SA have caused problems, and we
know/think ODbL wouldn't cause them, they should be documented on page:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Data_License/Why_You_Should_Vote_Yes

That would certainly get me interested, and I don't think I'm the only one.

--
Opinions above are GNU-copylefted.