[Osmf-talk] OpenStreetMap in UK's New Scientist

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Dec 9 19:33:07 UTC 2009

Hi,

Richard Weait wrote:
> What a shame that _New Scientist_ chose to use stock photography "A
> map that everyone can add to (Image: Daniel Grill/Getty)" rather than
> a nice cc-by-sa OSM rendering.  Perhaps we should ask the Foundation
> to fund a couple of marketing tools like stock map photography?

Many journalists I talk to want to have pictures of people doing
something - someone with a GPS in a forest. Ideally a blonde ;-)

We should have enough photographers in our ranks to do a "photo party",
or perhaps one per country (not required for the blonde on a forest
path, but as soon as signs come into view...)

But yes, failing the self-made stuff, a paid professional doing a few
shots that we can then use over and over would not be too bad.

Bye
Frederik