[Osmf-talk] License with or without virus

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Thu Dec 10 07:39:32 UTC 2009

On Wed, Dec 09, 2009 at 02:31:19PM +0000, Dave Stubbs wrote:
> Not quite, it would be CC BY-SA attributing OpenStreetMap. On being
> contacted, a foundation board member (or other appointed party) could
> theoretically OK a particular use if asked

I would hope that is required to involve the contributors to the data
being used.

I do not want to sign up to a new licence if it also means that the OSMF
board (or appointed party) could just change the licence to something
fundamentally different (something which I don’t think is protected
enough in the current ODbL, but willing to accept), or just allow things
in conflict with the licence at their own choosing.

I know (partially) where I am at with a licence.  I do not know where I
am at with a changeable OSMF board and membership.

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall