[Osmf-talk] Mapzen example (was: Proportion of OSM data represented by foundation members)

Jeroen Carelse jeroen at carelse.com
Fri Dec 11 12:09:49 UTC 2009

Good question Brian,

I still have not been to make up my mind and if it stays like that it would result in a non-vote.

Now that I have time and read some of the previous posts I looked at the fabulous Mapzen editor. Great work!
But this is an interesting case to help me to understand the difference between the current and proposed license.

When I use Mapzen and edit the map of my neighbourhood where does this mapdata go?
To OSM or Cloudmade or both?
Why owns this data:
- under the current license
- under the proposed license?

Would be interesting to hear the facts…

Jeroen

PS as this is a hot topic let me stress I really like Mapzen and I think it could make a big difference in terms of people starting to edit and improve maps.