[Osmf-talk] By-SA with contributor terms (was: CC-BY-SA "too strong" ?)

Simon Ward simon at bleah.co.uk
Sat Dec 12 13:26:08 UTC 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 01:07:12PM +0000, Simon Ward wrote:
> So, if we decided to stick with CC-by-sa on the data (I’m not saying we
> should), but add on some contributor terms to iron out some of the major
> issues with using CC-by-sa, we could.

In retrospect, this could have been done early on in the process.  If a
transition to ODbL (plus some data licence) is delayed for much longer,
it could be done anyway.

I’m sure this has been discussed before, so if I get some spare hours
I’ll trawl through the archives before adding more brain dumps on the
topic.

Simon
simple system that works.—John Gall