[Osmf-talk] Blanket copyright licence in Contributor Terms

Sun Dec 13 09:08:34 UTC 2009

Gervase Markham wrote:
> I'm entirely in favour of switching to a licence which is a) like
> CC-BY-SA in share-alike, and b) is better suited for data. The LWG has
> made a good case that the ODbL is b), but it seems increasingly
> uncertain that it's actually a).

I don't think that's the problem with the ODbL per se. What we're
discussing is a problem with the Contributor Terms - which are, of
course, written by us and can therefore be readily changed if the
community thinks it worthwhile.

cheers
Richard