[Osmf-talk] Results of OSMF Member Vote

Lars Francke lars.francke at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 13:29:11 UTC 2009

> i _believe_ that those who didn't vote wanted me to have a pony ;-)

Well Tom has done something about that already[1]. Let's see how we
can implement it.

> let's do the same for the 2008 USA presidential election:

I never said the US presidential elections are fair or use a flawless
system (quite the opposite with the electoral college system in my
opinion) or can be compared to this vote and I deliberately tried to
keep my numbers and explanations without additional comparisons or
opinions. But as you brought it up: I think this is more a vote for a
change to the constitution (which requires an absolute two-thirds
majority at least in Germany) than a vote for a new president.

> but this is a moot point, since the approval rate was 89% of voters. and
>  it's hard to argue that's not a large majority.

Large but simple[1] but again I didn't want to argue but just present
a different set of numbers to contrast your evaluations. Neither set
is more (or less) correct than the other.

Thanks for the other answers.

Cheers,
Lars

[1] I took the terms from this page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Majority as I didn't know the correct
translations but it seems there are differences between British and
American english