[Osmf-talk] This year's AGM and elections

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Jul 7 18:34:45 UTC 2009

Hi,

    a few issues I'd like to bring to the attention of the OSMF board:

I. Date for AGM

Is there already a date for this year's OSMF AGM? If not, I'd appreciate
if one could be set soon for the benefit of those who might want to
travel to London from further afield. Assuming it is going to be in
London at all.

II. AGM at SOTM

In the same spirit, could the OSMF board consider holding the AGM at the
SOTM conference from 2010 on? I feel this would bolster member
participation as it would not require extra travel. If this is a
decision that the OSMF board feels should be taken by the membership at
an AGM, then please put that item on the agenda for this year and let
the members decide in August.

III. OSMF reorg

Another item I wish to see on the agenda is the whole OSMF articles of
association redesign topic; I believe the members should have a say on
who is on the relevant working group and that working group should
receive some sort of concrete missive (rather than "please improve
things somehow") from the membership so that they know what they need to
work on. This, however, would require members to first make up their
minds about what is perceived to be amiss currently. Can someone (Peter
Miller perhaps as the person who raised the issue months ago) give us
some keywords on what problems need addressing?

IV. Elections

I believe that some (or even all) positions on the OSMF board are up for
election this year. I would like to start the process of finding
suitable candidates soon, so I would like to know how many people we
need and how many of the existing board members will seek re-election.

(It doesn't have to be before SOTM of course but I believe there is a
board meeting in conjunction with SOTM, that's why I am writing this now
rather than next week!)

Bye
Frederik