[Osmf-talk] OPENSTREETMAP FOUNDATION - NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Jul 29 09:43:54 UTC 2009

Nick,

Nick Black wrote:
> I'm going to be standing for election to the OSM Foundation Board again
> this year.

Do you and Steve have any comment on Richard Weait's suggestion that
from every commercial organisation, at most one person should be a
member of the OSMF board (http://weait.com/cloudmade-layoffs)? I'm very
supportive of that, although not exactly out of fear that you might both
be looking for a new job at the same time, but more along the lines of
what RichardF said in the comments section on that page.

This would mean that *either* your *or* SteveC should be on the board
but not both of you. It is of course everyone's right to stand for
election and let the voters decide if they support Richard's suggestion
or not - but I would be interested in hearing your opinion.

Personally I would prefer a board made up exclusively of people not
associated with OSM-related commercial organisations but I am realist
enough to see that it is unlikely to happen.

I would also like to take the opportunity to encourage people who are
not from England to offer themselves for election - I would certainly
want to see people from Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Iceland, Eastern
Europe and everywhere else standing for election to give the board more
diversity. (We do have Mikel and Henk, from the US and from the
Netherlands, on the list already which is a good start but nowhere near
enough.)

Ævar, Ivan, Simone, Ulf, and all other OSM activists from "the
continent" and beyond - I want your names on this list so that I can
vote for you!

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Foundation/AGM09/Election_to_Board

Bye
Frederik