[Osmf-talk] OPENSTREETMAP FOUNDATION - NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 16:52:37 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 4:46 PM, Frederik Ramm<frederik at remote.org> wrote:
> Richard Weait wrote:
>> Perhaps the board will not implement these changes in the articles of
>> association before the election, but the board can certainly issue a
>> statement supporting the goal of reduced risk and increased diversity
>> in the board.
>>
>> The board members involved can also agree to support the goals of
>> reduced risk and increased diversity by voluntarily withdrawing their
>> nominations that exceed one candidate per company.

fwiw the GNOME foundation has a 7 seat board and in the vote only 2
people from any company can be on the board. However that is because
they are a US non-profit or somesuch and have that in their articles.

I think that is reasonable so if there is any social restriction I
think 2 candidates per company should be considered rather than 1.

Regards,
Daniel