[Osmf-talk] OSM Foundation representative for Open Data Commons' Advisory Council

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 26 02:50:24 UTC 2009

Frederik Ramm wrote:

> This means that you are either extremely stress resistant or you're
> offering to sign away years of your life ;-)
>
> The position is likely to be a lightning rod for everybody's quarrels
> with the ODbL and the OSMF's handling of the issue so far.

Wow, what a welcome! How about we drop this adversarial attitude everyone?
We all know there are different points of view, and disagreements, I'm not trying to smooth that over.
We are simply going to have a better time working through licensing (and everything) if we treat each other with respect and coolness,
and not pointing out the problems in the past or possible futures.
Make it cool people!

Now it's been called out in the past, but it's time again for a poem.

ooo-dee-bee-ell
sure does feel like hell!
lightning rods, lengthy flames
where we going to assign the blame?