[Osmf-talk] OSM API download bug: south east corner of data missing

Graham Asher graham.asher at btinternet.com
Thu Nov 19 13:40:45 UTC 2009

I've found a bug in the OSM API v0.6 - is there a bug tracking system I
can log it to?

Details:

<<<<<<
The bug is this: when downloading a large amount of data by specifying a
rectangular bounding box, quite often the south east corner is missing.
Some evidence: note the sizes of downloaded data in the following requests:

$ curl
http://osmxapi.hypercube.telascience.org/api/0.6/map?bbox=-88.546,41.327,-86.97,42.382
 >chicago.osm
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
Speed
100  308M    0  308M    0     0   155k      0 --:--:--  0:33:48
--:--:--  224k

$ curl
http://osmxapi.hypercube.telascience.org/api/0.6/map?bbox=-88.427,41.399,-87.105,42.325
 >chicago.osm
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time
Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left
Speed
100  311M    0  311M    0     0   144k      0 --:--:--  0:36:42 --:--:--
86062

The second request is for a smaller area - an area entirely included in
the bounds of the first area, and smaller on every side - yet more data
arrives (311M instead of 308M) showing that something is awry.

[I have sent a copy of this message with an illustration, but it is
greater than the 40K limit for postings, and awaiting approval. so I am
sending a briefer version in the hope of getting a quick response]

Graham Asher