[Osmf-talk] OSMF Board Meeting and new board officers for 2009-2010

Andy Robinson (blackadder) blackadderajr at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 16 12:46:11 UTC 2009

Frederik Ramm wrote:
>Sent: 16 September 2009 12:28 PM
>To: Peter Miller
>Cc: osmf-talk at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: Re: [Osmf-talk] OSMF Board Meeting and new board officers for
>2009-2010
>
>Hi,
>
>Peter Miller wrote:
>> I agree that it is sensible that a working
>> party should have two foundation directors involved
>
>That means that each director has to participate in *at least* n*3.5
>working groups where n is the number of working groups (currently 7?).
>Will this not lead to "token participation" where directors do not
>really participate but are there just for the sake of having directors
>on the working group?

We felt it is still manageable this way at the current time. Yes, if we grow
the number of working groups we would need to reappraise. The intention of
naming two directors for each group is so that at least one hopefully can
always be present at WG meetings. Having a board member present should help
the two way decision process and keep everyone within the board and working
group best informed.

Cheers

Andy