[Osmf-talk] OSMF Board Meeting and new board officers for 2009-2010

Andy Robinson (blackadder) blackadderajr at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 16 12:53:47 UTC 2009

Jonathan Bennett wrote:
>Sent: 16 September 2009 12:23 PM
>To: Peter Miller
>Cc: osmf-talk at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: Re: [Osmf-talk] OSMF Board Meeting and new board officers for
>2009-2010
>
>Peter Miller wrote:
>
>> I note that the Foundation website still saying that only foundation
>> members can be on working parties - I believe that anyone can be
>> included and that this is out of date.
>
>My understanding is that this is true, but that someone can just be made
>a member of the foundation without having to pay membership if necessary.
>
>If it's not, it certainly ought to be the case.

The only working group we have resolved to keep only to the OSMF membership
is the Articles Working group - which has yet to meet but should do so soon.
For other groups it is not a requirement to be a member of the Foundation.
Its key that we get people who are prepared to volunteer their time and who
have appropriate abilities, though it's a great way to get involved in the
back end of the project without any prior experience if you have the
enthusiasm. In the longer term we may need to reach out to those outside the
community who volunteer their time for good causes. Provided there is
oversight from the community/members/board then this should be a benefit to
the project not a concern.

Cheers

Andy