[Osmf-talk] seeking funding ideas

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Thu Apr 29 12:45:27 UTC 2010

Hi,

Morten Kjeldgaard wrote:
> Just an idea... if you hate it, that's OK :-)

I dislike it for several reasons. Two of them are

(a) We have no "main OSM map", on purpose. We are not a map drawing
project. What exactly would we be selling to sponsors - would they not
come and complain that their company logo is not on the cycle map, or
not on the Cloudmade tiles, or not on the tiles at home map?

(b) I fear this to be a can of worms where people suddenly think they
are entitled to request that their logo be moved a little bit so as not
to touch the road, or complain that the logo of their filling station
does not render because of the proximity of another logo or label, and
so on. "But I'm paying for this!!!!"

Bye
Frederik