[Osmf-talk] seeking funding ideas

Iván Sánchez Ortega ivan at sanchezortega.es
Thu Apr 29 13:25:19 UTC 2010

El 29/04/2010 14:11, Morten Kjeldgaard escribió:
> Say for example, a petrol company, that would like to have their logo on the
> map instead of the ordinary "gas station" icon or a fast-food chain that
> would want their logo, instead of the standard "fast-food" icon.

*IF* it's done right and *IF* the price is high enough, it *MIGHT* be a
good idea.

I mean, operator=McDonalds might be able to cash in quite a lot of
dough. On the other hand, it paves the way for never-ending flame wars
and editing conflicts.

I think the bottom line should be the data, both amount and quality. By
opening up the default mapnik stylesheet to commercial logos, will be
adding quality to the map (all POIs from that company)??  Or will be
decreasing quality (mailing list rants, upset people, lost effort) instead??