[Osmf-talk] Enough is enough: disinfecting OSM from poisonous people

marc prioleau marc at prioleau.com
Tue Aug 10 16:54:31 UTC 2010

Steve et al-

Without advocating a specific solution, I can tell you from experience that
the issue raised is a serious one.  Many of the companies and groups that I
talk with about using OSM are reluctant to do so because they can see no
good way to get anything regarding licensing resolved in a systematically.
A large company I know considered using OSM, but as the lawyers looked into
the licensing issues and saw the dissension, argument and circular
discussion common on these forums, they ran away screaming.  To some, maybe
this is a good thing, but ultimately it will limit the growth and usage of
this map.

mp

Marc Prioleau
marc at prioleau.com