[Osmf-talk] New board members: Can you update bios?

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sat Aug 14 19:00:19 UTC 2010

Hi,

    as you know we're in the middle of a license change process in
which, unfortunately and probably due to non-ideal communications on the
part of OSMF[*], some people have reservations concerning the
foundation, and/or assume sinister motives behind the license change
process.

Today I have been asked whether OSMF board members earn money for the
OSMF job, and whether their day job is anything to do with OSM. I said
no they don't earn money from OSMF, and pointed them to

http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board_Member_Bios

- where all board members have a short bio & their business interestes
listed. It is very good, especially in times like these, to have such
information online to make OSMF's work transparent. However I noticed
that the page is still in its pre-SOTM form (with Ulf, Andy, Michael
listed instead of Emilie, Ivan, and Oliver).

It would be great if it could be updated soon.

Bye
Frederik

[*] It's a fact but not a criticism - I'd rather have OSMF use £10k for
new servers than for paying a slick PR consultant to make mappers docile.