[Osmf-talk] New board members: Can you update bios?

Daniel Glassey dglassey at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 20:48:23 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 9:41 PM, Michael Kugelmann <MichaelK_OSM at gmx.de> wrote:
> Grant Slater wrote:
>>>
>>> http://www.osmfoundation.org/wiki/Board_Member_Bio
>>
>> Bios have been updated.
>>

> Thaks. I noted a small typo at the information on Oliver Kühn:
> "mapping industry for 6 six years"
>
> sixty six years in mapping industry, Oliver must be quite old person.    ;-)
>
> Could someone who has an account on the OSMF-Wiki please correct?

Er, there are a few more grammatical errors as well and almost
certainly more that I've missed.

grammatical error:
"Oliver Kühn (Director) Oliver is co-founder of skobbler, a company
building software solutions based on OpenStreetMap. He works in the
digital mapping industry for 6 six years while his expertise is rather
on the commercial than the technical side. He has joined the
OpenStreetMap Foundation in 2009 and has been elected as member of
OSMF board in August 2010."

"He has joined" should surely be "He joined". And "He works in the
digital mapping industry for 6 six years" should probably be "He has
been working in the digital mapping industry for 6 years" (or "the
last 6 years"?)

"Simone Cortesi (Director) is a IT Business Consultant based in Italy.
He has been part of several Open Source project, most notably PHP. He
has been involved in OpenStreetMap since 2005, first as a contributor,
then starting 2008 as a member of the OpenStreetMap Foundation Team."

"He has been part of several Open Source project" should be "Open
Source projects"

"Iván Sánchez Ortega is vocational computer scientist, currently
working as a GIS developer, based in Spain. A FLOSS advocate since the
year 2000, he gained interest in neogeography and OSM in late 2006. He
has been promoting OSM through Spain since then. His aims include OSMF
local chapters, data imports, and promote OSM usage in mapping
agencies."

I think it should be "promoting OSM usage"

HTH,
Daniel