[Osmf-talk] SOTM, AGM, voting

Mike Collinson mike at ayeltd.biz
Tue Jul 13 12:26:20 UTC 2010

A very quick report.

I really enjoyed another fun, informative and extremely well organised SOTM
in Girona. Many thanks to the organising team, many of them who are OSMF
members. They even organised the host country to play the World Cup final
for relaxation after the conference ended. AOL were there and have offered
US$1M to improve the OpenStreetMap map in the USA (I missed the actual
announcement so hope to get full details later).  Microsoft Bing was also
there and are continuing an engagement with OpenStreetMap that should at
least lead to them using our maps in some parts of the world ... and perhaps
some access to high resolution imagery in some form. Potlatch 2 alpha
announced and loads of interesting individual projects.

For the first time, we held the AGM at the SOTM conference.  This worked
very well and I hope will continue. I'll get attendance figures and a draft
minutes up on the website at the weekend.

It did not prove possible though to properly validate all the board member
votes. A preliminary count is complete but I need a couple of quiet hours to
resolve a couple of email votes and check for duplicates and vaildate
membership.  I just heading for the airport to assist in a family
emergency.  My apologies to voters and candidates, I will not be able to
complete until later this week.

The License Working Group also held an open session at the conference.
Clearly, the main issue now is not the license itself but fears of losing
data from the updated version of the database if the change goes through and
some contributors do not accept re-licensing.  This will be the LWG's number
one priority to resolve.

Best to all,
Michael Collinson
OSMF Secretary