[Osmf-talk] Translations of the ODBL

Klaus Gassner k_gassner at web.de
Mon Jul 26 10:33:12 UTC 2010

Hi!

>3. The current license, CC-BY-SA, does not have official translations
>either. There are localized versions issued by Creative Commons, but the
>binding text is always the English one.

If we can provide translations at the same level of confidence as they can be found for the CC licence, this would solve the issue. It should just be a text that does not have to start with a disclaimer.

>I think it would be sufficient if a small number of people in the German
>(or other national) community check the translation and publicly say
>that they believe it to be correct. Any difference in meaning so subtle
>that it cannot be detected by them would also be overlooked by people
>reading the license.

If a number of people state that the translation is accurate and that statement is also supported by the OSMF asking for a decision, that would be enough.
That support could be silent - a link to the translation and no disclaimers would be sufficient.

bye
          Klaus