[Osmf-talk] OSM fair use examples

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Mon Jun 28 13:03:53 UTC 2010

On 28/06/10 13:55, ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen wrote:

> Personal or not, I did not get an
>
> answer on my question
>
> of how are we going to enforce the license.

Will squads of ninja paratroopers in black helicopters do? or would you
just prefer summary execution by firing squad?

Seriously, it will be enforced in the same way as any other license - if
people flout it then you ask them to stop. If they don't and you think
you're right and you have enough money then you sue them. What's so
strange or complicated about that?

But mostly it's a bridge to cross when you come to it, not something to
worry about in advance of needing to - we don't need some committee of
people searching the internet for possible violations and firing of
volleys of legal threats at the slightest sign of non-compliance.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/