[Osmf-talk] OSM fair use examples

sotm at livingwithdragons.com sotm at livingwithdragons.com
Tue Jun 29 11:31:44 UTC 2010

ce-test, qualified testing bv - Gert Gremmen wrote:
> Besides, there is no legal obligation to attribution, but
> the licenses we apply ourselves.
> We make our own conditions of use, and then declare that as legal stuff?
> It is getting legal only once it is challenged, and as I stated before,
> none of us is going to pay for legal action, in spite of some of use
> that suggest so.
>
> Were just pretenders.

It is like saying:
If you rape me I don't have the money and will be too upset to take
legal action. So I won't bother saying "No!" when you put your hands on me.

Not everyone is a rapist, some would just like to comfort you with a
hug. It helps if you tell them where you draw the line, so they can
avoid being accused of bad things the next day.

As for where I draw lines, I don't think this thread is suitable for the
low-traffic foundation mailing list. Please move it to legal or at least
talk and stop raping my important inbox.

Gregory Marler
http://www.livingwithdragons.com