[Osmf-talk] I want my access back

Martin List-Petersen martin at list-petersen.dk
Tue Aug 9 19:20:44 UTC 2011

It's actually quite simple.

As far my understanding of the process goes, all people that don't agree
with the OdBL will be blocked from contributing.

This will allow all the contributors, that agreed to the OdBL to
continue mapping without having their data further tainted by people
that didn't agree to the OdBL. It will also allow OdBL contributors to
recreate tainted mapdata, if they have gps tracks etc., that allows them
to recreate stretches that are tainted. While this is happening, the
data in the map obviously still is a mix of CC-BY-SA and OdBL and thus
still licensed the under CC-BY-SA license.

After a cut-off date, which I don't know if it has been set, I guess all
remaining CC-BY-SA data will be removed from the map and the license of
OSM changed to OdBL entirely.

You can't expect it all happen at once and at the same time. It is a
gradual process.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen