[Osmf-talk] Membership applications from Skobbler employees

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Tue Aug 23 21:50:56 UTC 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 2:20 PM, Henk Hoff <henk.hoff at osmfoundation.org>wrote:

> The Board would like to inform you that it had received an application
> of multiple new memberships of the Skobbler company. The number of
> this group of people (if accepted) would represent around 10% of the
> members eligible to vote. With less then a month before the AGM (and
> board elections), the board did not see fit to accept this group as
> members at this time.

[...]

Apparently, they all signed up with their skobbler accounts or you might
never have known. Skobbler is only fifty people - there would be dozens upon
dozens of companies bigger than they are who may have an interest in
influencing the vote on the OSM AGM. I am not paranoid by nature, but I
guess there is no way to prevent a silent takeover of the majority vote if
an 'interest group' would collectively choose to sign up as members at this
point.

In other words, what would you have done if they would all have used their
private email addresses and omitted their affiliation when they signed up?

Martijn

--
martijn van exel
schaaltreinen.nl