[Osmf-talk] Membership applications from Skobbler employees

Andreas Perstinger andreas.perstinger at gmx.net
Thu Aug 25 11:29:35 UTC 2011

On 2011-08-23 22:20, Henk Hoff wrote:
> With less then a month before the AGM (and board elections), the
> board did not see fit to accept this group as members at this time.
>
> The board is convinced there is no wrongdoing in play. The company
> and it's employees have shown to be a great supporter of the
> OpenStreetMap project. Therefore, there is no reason for denying them
> membership to the Foundation. The board decided to accept these
> applicants as members starting September 12th 2011 (one day after the
> AGM).

Perhaps I'm missing something but it's one thing to have voting rights
but another one how you can use it. Granted there is still a week time,
but there is no one (openly) affiliated with Skobbler who stands for the
board. Why is the current board afraid of the new members when all they
could do is voting for people outside of Skobbler as any other member
can do?

Bye, Andreas