[Osmf-talk] OSMF board elections

Tue Aug 30 12:52:59 UTC 2011

Hello all,

Unless I am blind or stupid or both - both of which are perfectly
possible and actually quite likely - there doesn't seem to be a
description anywhere of what an OSMF board member is actually expected
to _do_.

I'm thinking really basic stuff like:
- the meetings you will be expected to attend
- their frequency
- where/how they take place
- whether you may be asked to take on additional roles (e.g. chairman,
secretary, WG chair, Management Committee)

though if you were being clever you could also add stuff like:
- any expenses expected to be incurred by the board member (e.g.
expected attendance at face-to-face meetings), and OSMF's policy on
paying these expenses
- the board member's liability if OSMF gets sued

Could someone from OSMF either direct me to the place I should be
looking, or failing that, post this information here and/or on the OSMF
blog?

cheers
Richard