[Osmf-talk] Elections: Avoid Mandate Creep

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Tue Aug 30 13:20:32 UTC 2011

On 30/08/11 14:11, Serge Wroclawski wrote:

> The board does have a part to play in that, in that its the board who
> sets the vision. Right now, some of the working groups (and I'm thinking
> of the TWG, but I'll get to the SWG in a moment) wheel spin. They can
> only act on larger visions set forth by the leadership. And the
> leadership has not been giving them any.

What the hell does "wheel spin" mean exactly?

I think you'll also find that just about every single member of TWG has
a major issue with the characterisation in your manifesto that we "lack
sufficient resources or vision".

Just because we don't currently want to replace our entire
infrastructure with your preferred web scale, buzzword compliant, cloud
based, multi centre "solution" doesn't mean we lack resources or vision.

We just happen to prefer an evolutionary approach while you prefer a
revolutionary approach.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)