[Osmf-talk] logo update

SteveCoast steve at asklater.com
Sun Dec 18 23:04:24 UTC 2011

http://www.crowdspring.com/project/2316224_openstreetmap-logo/?filter=all&sort=buyer_feedback&voting=off

So far there have been 70 entries and I've scored them all. It's matched my experience so far with crowdSpring which is that the best logos don't tend to turn up until after half way through the competition.

Many of them have fallen in to the "OSM text plus a pin" bucket with some interesting variations on how to represent a pin. The majority of these logos have been given three stars which means "ok". There are a bunch of 1's and 2's too. Mostly the creatives will go back and iterate based on feedback. Many just seem to think that having a gradient make a logo inherently better, things like that.

I think in a couple of days I'll open up the first round of voting to see how people feel about the entries but right now there isn't enough variation in design to make it worthwhile.

Steve