[Osmf-talk] logo update

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 14:11:34 UTC 2011

On 12/19/2011 02:20 AM, Andy Allan wrote:
> On 18 December 2011 23:04, SteveCoast <steve at asklater.com> wrote:
>
>> Many of them have fallen in to the "OSM text plus a pin" bucket with some interesting variations on how to represent a pin.
>
> Given that pins on a map is pretty much the antithesis of what we are
> all about, it's worth updating your briefing to discourage them.

Should we be advertising this much more in the OSM community to try and
solicit designs from people who do have a good understand of what OSM is
about?

The combination of good graphic artists from crowdspring and
conceptually good designs suggested by the community might be beneficial.

Kai

P.S. after the last fallout after suddenly updating the previous logo,
it is probably a bad idea not even publicizing that there is a logo
competition again in the wider community, independently of if they can
and will provide good suggestions.