[Osmf-talk] logo update

Erik Streb del Toro mail at erikstreb.de
Mon Dec 19 23:09:57 UTC 2011

I think Steve means that we need enhancement to the usability of our
website like the proposal from the London Hack Weekend
http://redesign.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org/

The ODbL thing has nothing to do with this, as this has nothing to do
with attracting and winning new users (I mean both *consumers* of our
data in whichever way AND data *contributors*).

Our current logo is more a beautiful painting than a logo. A new,
simpler logo could lead to better recognition and cheaper production of
printed products (less colors, smaller in size and still discernible).
And it could be easier to create derivations of it for subprojects.

Regards
Erik