[Osmf-talk] site

SteveCoast steve at asklater.com
Tue Dec 20 02:20:09 UTC 2011

There have been a few site entries so far;

http://www.crowdspring.com/project/2316219_openstreetmap-front-page-more/

and I wanted to point out some of the interesting features.

One of the designs has a "lumpy" zoom bar I think is neat with a floating search box and "gear" layers button. Then, different pages flow up from the right or bottom (I prefer the right version). We need to work on the right hand panel a lot but it has promise.

#5 is kind of interesting with the social integration and the panels at the bottom.

gregory's is kind of interesting in putting the cartography up front, something that I think would be great to expose very clearly. Our current panel has things like "mapnik" which nobody has a clue what that means. A neat, nice large panel showing actual example cartography could work much better.

Steve