[Osmf-talk] logo update

Matt Amos matt at asklater.com
Tue Dec 20 11:29:59 UTC 2011

On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 10:50 PM, Derick Rethans <osm at derickrethans.nl> wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Dec 2011, Steve Coast wrote:
>
>> Lately all you have done is pour scorn on anyone trying to make any
>> progress unless it goes via you or happens in a London pub.
>
> Wow. Is this sort of language actually necessary discussing some
> bikeshed topic like a new logo that we don't really need?

agreed, about the language. there does seem to be a lot of hyperbole
flying around and it's getting in the way of rational debate.
everyone, please: it doesn't help to sling mud or put up straw men
caricatures of others' positions.

we can all agree that we want a better website. that's the goal. now
can we constructively discuss *how* to achieve that? because it's not
easy.

the more time we spend being partisan about it and rehashing
pre-conceived ideas about how some people are "dumbing down" or
"holding back" the project, the less time we have to achieve something
we can all agree is better than what we have now.

cheers,

matt